Animated GIFs are something of an internet art form, shared by all. Yet, they are created by a comparatively small slice of the internet. There's no reason you can't join in the fun, though. From beginners to advanced tools, we've got the ultimate guide to making your own silent internet picture films.
Animated GIFs are an entertaining way to share short clips via text and social networks, but how exactly do you make them?
If you've ever wondered whether or not you can create your own GIFs right from your iPhone, wonder no more — the answer is YES!
Here's how to create and share animated GIFs right from your iPhone!
How to make your own animated GIFs on your iPhone
In order to make animated GIFs on your iPhone, you'll need to enlist the help of some third party apps.
For this example, I'm going to use one of my favorites called GIPHY CAM. It's free and ad-supported and totally rules for getting creative with your GIF making! Plus it's run by the same people who made GIPHY, so they know a thing or two about GIFs.
GIPHY CAM - Free - Download Now
That's it! Your animated GIF is automatically sent how you've chosen. Obviously there are also other GIF creator apps available for iPhone.
Turn Your Apple Live Photos into GIFs
When Apple's Live Photos first hit the scene with the launch of the iPhone 6S in 2015, it collectively blew everyone's mind.
Now, with the new iOS 11 update, you can turn those photos into GIFs. Here's how it's done:
1. Open the Photos App and select “Albums” on the bottom right corner.
2. Select the Live Photos album.
3. Tap the picture that you would like to make a GIF.
4. Once you’ve opened up the picture, swipe up from the bottom of the screen for the app to give you four animation options, which are Live, Loop, Bounce, and Long Exposure.
5. Once you’ve chosen the desired effect, the photo will appear in a new album called “Animated Album.”
The animated photo is now a GIF, ready to be used on or sent over the medium of your choosing. Let your creativity run wild.